It´s hot in Madrid! Spain remains locked into a prolonged heat wave which will continue into late July. Madrid already broke the all-time June high temperature records. We ask three of our guides where to seek (and find) refreshment this summer.
1: Where do you find your refreshment in the capital?
2: What´s the best rooftop terrace Madrid has to offer?
3: Where to find the best ice cream in town?
KATELEINE (guide in Dutch, English, Spanish and Italian. Actress)
1. Refreshment: I used to go to the chorros at Madrid Rio Park with my kids, but there are too many people during holiday time. I have a nice swimming pool close to my house: Peñuelas in Arganzuela, that option is okay. But what I most like is to go the mountains an have a swim in the river at La Pedriza, near Manzanares el Real. The water is ice cold and nature is overwhelming!
2. Rooftop: I love Gau Café in Lavapiés, because the atmosphere is good, the neighbourhood is gorgeous and the prices are not too high.
3. Ice cream: In calle Lavapiés 31 you have this organic ice cream place: “Sani Sapori”. Home made ice cream, more healthy than at other places, very tasty and not so touristic.
MARIEKE (guide in Dutch, English and Spanish. Yoga and mindfullness teacher)
1. Refreshment: The swimming pool in Casa de campo.
2. Rooftop: The rooftop terrace of Círculo de Bellas Artes and my own private rooftop terrace at home : )
3. Ice cream: The ice cream shop “Mistura” in the Street Augusto Figueroa. The green tea icecream … yummie!
NICO (guide in Spanish, French and English. Photographer)
1: Refreshment: My refreshment places in Madrid are the rivers and lakes that the Sierra of Madrid has to offer, especially the Pedrera and Cercerilla ones. Wonderful place to spend the afternoon.
2: Rooftop: The best rooftop that Madrid has to offer in my opinion would probably be the one of Círulo de Bellas Artes; of course Madrid has many other rooftops that can be enjoyed, but this one is spectacular.
3: Ice cream: They closed my favourite ice cream shop in the Fuencarral Street..
Also check out this link: swimming pools in Madrid